Elan g: Creating Endpoint Control Drivers
This article addresses how to create Generic devices in Elan to control endpoint functions of Just Add Power:
- Video Wall
- Tiling Transmitter Video, Audio, and Layout control
- Warp Transmitter Rotate and Zoom control
This article is still a work in progress. All details collected here were done via Remote Support sessions with Elan programmers. If you have suggestions for how to improve it, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access the project
- Under Input/Output, right-click on Communication Devices and create a new Communication Device.
- Assign the IP Address for the device and Port 23.
- For a Video Wall, the IP Address is for one of the Receivers in the wall. Create one Communication Device for each Receiver in the wall.
- For a Tiling Transmitter, enter the IP Address of the Transmitter (not any of the four Receivers.)
- For a Warp Transmitter, enter the IP Address of the Transmitter (not the Receiver.)
- Right-click on Generic Serial Devices and create a new Generic Serial Device.
- Under the Communication Device dropdown, set it to the device created in Step 3.
- If doing this for a Video Wall, you may need to create multiple devices as well.
- Right-click on the new Serial Device and create a Serial Code for each function needed. Be sure to use the Terminator: Carriage Return for each code.
- Create buttons on the interface to execute those commands.