HDMI over IP Common Mistakes
When setting up a Just Add Power 2G or 3G system for the first time, there are a few things to remember.
If you are having trouble getting things up and running via JADConfig, these helpful pointers might get you to the bottom of the problem quickly.
- Make sure you are attempting to configure a switch model supported by JADConfig. A list is available in the JADConfig user guide or in the article Choosing the Right Switch.
- Check that you are running the latest version of the JADConfig tool.
- The switch you are configuring via JADConfig must be connected to the network via PORT 1 for setup.
- If you are experiencing device discovery or other network issues, you may need to bypass the local network and connect directly to port 1 of the Just Add Power switch from your computer to perform the configuration.
- Your laptop or PC being used to run JADConfig should only have one active network adapter. Disable all network adapters not being used for JADConfig.
- Your laptop or PC must have a hard wired serial connection to the console port of the network switch being configured by JADConfig for initial setup.
- Even when you have plugged in your Just Add Power devices to the switch, until JADConfig is finished, DO NOT plug in any HDMI source devices to the Just Add Power Transmitters.
- Upon completion of the wizard, export your settings document and make sure to setup the static route in your network router.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of your control system driver.
- If you are using the free licensed Just Add Power driver for your control system, be sure to request a license key.
- If you are experiencing issues with video on 3G devices, please make sure that Jumbo Frame support is enabled in the network switch you have setup via JADConfig.
- In the event you are still having trouble, get in touch with your local Just Add Power partner or open a support ticket.