- Dedicated Cat5e cable from the switch location to each Just Add Power Receiver
- Dedicated Cat5e cable from the switch location to each Just Add Power Transmitter
- HDMI cable to connect each Transmitter to source, and each Receiver to display
- Disconnect HDMI cables from all Transmitters
- Connect the Windows PC to the serial port (console port) on the switch, connect the computer to the Local Area Network, and connect port 1 of the managed gigabit Ethernet switch to the Local Area Network
- Alternatively, connect the Windows PC directly to port 1 of the managed gigabit Ethernet switch
- Run JADConfig to configure the switch and all Just Add Power devices
Enable Layer 3 Access with a Static Route - 2 options
- Log into the router and apply the appropriate Static Route. Routing information can be found in the JADConfig Report file.
- Set the Default Gateway of the control system processor to the IP Address of the managed gigabit Ethernet switch
Program Control System
- If using a driver programmed by Just Add Power - AMX, Control4, Crestron, RTI - download the driver from the Just Add Power support site. The latest versions of each driver no longer require a license key.
- If using a 3rd-party driver, reach out to the programmer of that driver for setup information. Information on some 3rd-party drivers is available on the Just Add Power support site.
- Load one switch driver - Luxul or Cisco - to control source switching.
- Load one endpoint driver for each Just Add Power device that will have endpoint control.