AppleTV 4K Settings & EDID
The standard EDID on a 3G Just Add Power Transmitter does not currently display a 4K AppleTV at it's native resolution settings. To get an AppleTV to output 4K video, the default EDID must be modified.
- Video Resolution: 4K HDR
- Match Content:
- Match Dynamic Range: On
- Match Frame Rate: Off
- Audio: Any
- Download the latest update for the AppleTV
- Go to Settings > Audio and Video > Format
- Select 4K HDR
- Go to Settings > Audio and Video > Content Match
- Set Match Dynamic Range to On
- Set Match Frame Rate to Off
Set Transmitter EDID
- Log into the web interface of the Transmitter connected to the AppleTV.
- Go to the Video tab and to the section on EDID Settings.
- Set Startup EDID to Built In.
- Set Maximum Video Resolution to 4K30.
- Set Maximum Audio Format to the desired audio settings (AppleTVs are capable of DD5.1 maximum)
- Click Apply.
- You will notice that the video drops out briefly as the new EDID is applied. You may need to power-cycle the AppleTV to force it to register the new EDID.
If these settings do not provide the desired result, please move on to the Set Custom EDID section.